Friday, August 26, 2011

Travels with Travis Pt 1

For the last 2 weeks Travis and I have been taking an hour walk right before the sun goes down.  Partly to save my sanity from daily stresses and from my lovable little barbarian aka.... Tyler Jack Wise (see pictures in previous post).  Also it's a time for Travis and I to bond.

Travis and I begin our adventure.  He does not like when I stop to take pictures.  He wants me to keep on a movin'.  


















Home sweet home from a distance.




These stickers line the dirt road I walk.  They are unforgiving when I need to pass through them.

Hundreds of Dragonflies dart in and out of our trees during the evening.  
This time is truly a magic time, even the pictures cannot translate how beautiful the plains are.  Currently we are in late summer and most grasses are turning and dying.  If you look closely one can see splashes of color amongst the beige of the plains.  The delicate flowers and seeded grass are in complete contrast to such a harsh environment. (Please forgive if I found some beauty in a noxious weed ;)  )

1 comment:

Deb said...

Beautiful child and mother; beautiful serene captured moments of the Plains!