Friday, September 21, 2012

Leaves on Fire




Everyone has a favorite time of the year, for me it is Autumn.  Leaves burning bright and a respite from the Summer's heat refreshes my outlook on life.  The cooler weather also brings boots, scarves, jeans, and flannel out of the closet and this makes me happy, almost giddy.  During the long Summer months the kids and I would be trapped inside from mid-morning to close to sunset.  Now we can explore anytime of the day.

The native plums leaves turn every fall color imaginable.  Tyler loves to pick everything and anything that comes from trees and bushes.  So we decided to gather leaves.  Travis was more determined to find all things edible.  I helped him find 3 plums, no pit this time.  I wonder what my explorers see through their 3 and 1 year old eyes. I am sure it would be a fascinating perspective.

Autumn is also a time to reap the harvest.  There are pears, plums, grapes, and raspberries to indulge in, and we do!! I wish this time of year was not so fleeting, but we will savor every moment, especially carmel Apple Pops (also makes me giddy).


























No comments: