Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's a pleasure to garden

Dustin and I have continuously had a garden for at least 8 or 9 years.  There definitely was a before kid look to the garden, with its nicely weeded rows and healthy plants producing bountiful veggies.  The after kid garden consists weeds, weeds, vegetable plants fighting for survival, and more weeds.  The past 3 years have periodically gotten so bad that last year Dustin had to weed eat a path to the tomatoes.  Honestly what is the point to having a garden when all I feel is embarrassment and it just a irritation in my life.

My mom and her husband Dan have utilized weed barrier for years.  They stabilized it by putting heavier objects on it and cut rows into the barrier to plant seeds.  They also have soaker hose next to each row.  So that means the only place to weed is within the rows.  GENIUS!!  My wonderful husband set me up this year with weed barrier and soaker hose.  Perhaps this year gardening will be a pleasure instead of a pain in you know what.



Tyler caught me taking his picture

Grapes are beginning to leaf out






No comments: